There is no denial of the fact that the goal of any homeowner is to increase the property of their value than at the price you bought it. This can be achieved by making the abode more efficient, upgrade the bathrooms or kitchen, install smart technology and add square footage.
Australian Bureau of Statistics data shows that in the past years $8 billion a year has been spent on the home renovations by the Australian homeowners. Moreover, this trend is expected to gain momentum in the nearby future.
One of the biggest spenders on the home renovations were Albert Park in Melbourne with $31.4 m outlay, Mornington Peninsula with $28.4m and inner Melbourne suburb of Northcote spent approx $22.5m. Over the last decade, property value has already gone up and a beautifully renovated home will surely add in more value.
We all understand that some factors that determine the value of your house are not in our control, like location and market value. But smart home improvements and regular repairs can definitely increase your home’s value.
Taking a large-scale home renovation project can boost your home’s value and make it more appealing to the potential buyers but it can break your bank too. Thus, it is highly advisable that instead of spending thousands on major home improvements; consider taking these less expensive and proven ways that can uplift your home’s value.
- Spruce up Your Bathroom
In terms of valuation, the bathroom is the second most important room in the home. A person spends a lot of time in the bathroom, thus it needs to be fresh and hygienic. But, if your budget, doesn’t allow you to opt for complete bathroom renovations in Melbourne, opt for some simple tricks and tips that will help you update the look without spending much. For instance, replacing the old fixtures can instantly improve the bathroom’s look and functionality. Applying a fresh coat of paint and hanging new towels will not cost a dime.
The bathroom is the ideal place to add the touch of luxury and wow factor. Listed below are the few proven tricks that can come handy while considering bathroom renovations in Melbourne:
- Ensure that at least one of your bathroom has a shower
- Before buying any tabs and fixtures, check your plumbing system and make the purchase accordingly. For instance, if you have a gravity fed system you can consider installing a power shower while for a combi system; you may need to install an electric shower.
- Your bathroom floor needs to be clean and hygiene. So, always consider vinyl or tiled flooring
Ensure that your bathroom has a ventilation fan.
- While carrying out your bathroom renovations in Melbourne, consider adding large mirrors. It will create the illusion of a larger space. Also, consider adding a heated towel rail.
- Painting old with the white tile paint can save you money. Also, if you need to replace tile, consider installing tile over the old ones. Removing old tiles can be difficult and time-consuming.
- If you are installing new floor tiles, why not consider opting for underfloor heating? But, take into account that an electric mat system can raise the level of the floor by 3mm to 4 mm.
- Make sure that if your sanitary ware isn’t chipped, stained or of an unfashionable colour. If this is the case, consider replacing it. A basic white bathroom suite can have a much broader appeal.
- Never Underestimate the Fence
When you are considering the kerb appeal of your home, it’s essential that you ensure that the colours and style of your interiors and exteriors blend together. This can be achieved through the fence. With the wide range of fencing options available in the market, one can definitely find the one that complements the entire look of your home.
Framing your property with the new fence can improve your kerb appeal to a great extent. Ensure that it doesn’t hide your property but instead make it look attractive and inviting.
Factors to Consider for Right Fences for Your Property:
- Prioritise your needs. Know whether you want to install the fence for the privacy, to protect your kids and pets or to make the property more visually appealing. Whatever the purpose is, a fence can function in multiple ways. But, the first step is to assess your needs. Once done talk to your fencing contractors in Melbourne, to help you find the right solution.
- Know about the rules and regulations related to the fencing. This may include height, material and type of the fences. Without verifying the standard codes and regulations, you might violate the codes which can lead to heavy fines.
- Consider the budget. The height of the fence, the fencing contractor in Melbourne you choose and the material you select, all contributes to the overall budget of the fencing.
- Plan out the amount of time, you are planning to spend on the maintenance of the fences. Wooden fences demand the greatest degree of maintenance while aluminium or vinyl fences won’t require much maintenance.
- Extensive Professional Paving
Pavement plays an important role in adding beauty to your home. A crack-free and smooth driveway, when installed by the professional paving contractors in Melbourne, can increase the curb appeal and overall value of your home. A worn out driveway is extremely unattractive. There are several benefits of revamping the driveways and pavement of your property. Read to know about few of them:
- It keeps your cars from tearing up the yard.
- It reduces the amount of dirt entering the house
- It provides hard-wearing surfaces for the front garden
- Provides protection against earthquakes
Hiring a professional paving service in Melbourne for your driveways and pavements can definitely increase your property’s resale value. You can also read an interesting blog post on how to decorate your outdoors with Bluestone pavers.
Before you opt for these renovations, do some research to find out how much worth is the renovation? You can also evaluate the After Repair Value (ARV). This will help you get the maximum price you should spend on the renovations. Also, while considering renovations don’t go after the amateur renovations, they can only worsen the things. Always opt for professional bathroom renovators, fencing contractors and paving contractors in Melbourne. They ensure to get the job done right and provide you with good value for money.